Saudi Auto votes Infiniti FX ‘SUV of the year’
Dubai, March 25, 2009
Saudi Auto, esteemed monthly automotive enthusiast magazine, has voted the new 2009 Infiniti FX luxury crossover as the sports utility vehicle (SUV) of the year.
The main criteria on which entrants were judged included such categories as general design, comfort, safety, fuel economy, handling and road worthiness, performance, functionality, innovation, driver satisfaction and price in regard to value for the money.
“This is a strong validation from an expert audience for our new second generation Infiniti FX model which we launched across the region in summer 2008,” said Abhijeet Pandit, general manager of Infiniti Business Unit Middle East.
“The unmistakable profile of the FX has become a familiar sight in the Middle East since launch of the original first generation FX in 2005,” he added.
“Now, with the introduction of this more muscular, more powerful and more technology-laden second generation FX, Infiniti is delivering even more of what our customers love.
“The FX has been a leader in technology and innovation embodying the Infiniti philosophy of combining ground-breaking design and high performance in one luxurious package – and we are delighted that Saudi Auto magazine recognizes these strengths too,” Pandit noted.
Bakur Azher, publisher and editor-in-chief of Saudi Auto magazine said: “The new 2009 Infiniti FX is spectacular from all angles making it a deserving winner of our SUV of the year award for 2009.”
“With its advanced technology features and innovative design, the FX was indeed ahead of all its competitors,” he added.
Across Middle Eastern markets the 2009 FX is offered in two engine/drive configurations: the 390 hp/V8-powered FX50 and the 307 hp/V6-powered FX35, both with permanent all-wheel drive.
Each comes equipped with standard features such as a seven-speed automatic transmission and the industry’s first around view monitor system, which uses four separate cameras to aid parking.
The FX is Infiniti’s best-selling model. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service