Tasjeel holds vehicle safety workshop
Dubai, March 28, 2009
Tasjeel, the joint venture vehicle testing and registration service of Enoc, has partnered with Vehicle Operator Services Agency (Vosa), to provide training on vehicle safety monitoring.
Tasjeel and the UK-based training institute Vosa, will provide training on inspection services to heavy vehicles transporting dangerous and inflammable materials.
The workshop was aimed at equipping vehicle inspectors with all necessary skills that help ensure the testing service is on par with international standards and is fully compliant with the safety requirements of Dubai Civil Defence.
Vosa sent qualified and experienced trainers to conduct thorough theoretical and practical training at the Tasjeel Learning and Development Department as well as at the Tasjeel Warsan vehicle testing and registration station.
The training was attended by 20 Tasjeel inspectors, two officials from the Road and Transport Authority (RTA), two technicians from Dubai Civil Defence and one Enoc environment, health and safety officer.
"The training helps participants to ensure absolute check on vehicles and point out any flaws that need to be set right immediately," Ayas Bin Hendi, general manager, Tasjeel.
"This is particularly important given the growth of Dubai, marked by strong industrial activity and the large number heavy vehicles plying the highways and byways of the city and its outskirts."
Last year, Tasjeel signed an agreement with Dubai Civil Defence to conduct the mandatory checking of light and heavy vehicles.
"Dubai Civil Defence and Enoc have established strong mutual relationships over the years," added Brigadier Rashid Al Thani Al Matrooshi, director general of Dubai Civil Defence.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers