UK's Button wins Bahrain Grand Prix
Manama, April 26, 2009
Britain's Jenson Button won the Bahrain Grand Prix on Sunday for the Formula One championship leader's third victory in four races this season.
The Brawn GP driver's success at Sakhir dashed Toyota's hopes of a breakthrough first win after the Japanese manufacturer had started with both their cars on the front row for the first time.
Germany's Sebastian Vettel was second for Red Bull with Toyota's Italian Jarno Trulli finishing third from pole position.
Button, with four career wins, now has 31 points to Brazilian team mate Rubens Barrichello's 19 and Vettel's 18.-Reuters
More Motoring Stories
- Bahrain motor show to line-up top models
- GM shakes up auto industry, names first woman CEO
- Nissan Tiida named ‘Best Budget Hatchback’
- Arabian Automobiles inks Infiniti purchase deal
- Record launches at Dubai motor show
- Harley-Davidson Mena backs UN food programme
- Dubai, Riyadh transport plans win praise
- Gulf traffic expo kicks off in Dubai
- 100 global firms for Gulf traffic expo
- Toyota Corolla launched in the UAE