Mercedes hybrid luxury sedan coming soon
Dubai, April 28, 2009
Mercedes-Benz has revealed that its new hybrid luxury sedan S400 will arrive in the Middle East in September.
The S400 will be the first hybrid luxury sedan in the world with a lithium-ion battery, said a statement.
"The S 400 Hybrid is an important milestone on the way to emission-free mobility," said Frank Bernthaler, director, sales and marketing, Mercedes-Benz Cars, Middle East & Levant.
"Our first series production hybrid car exemplifies Mercedes-Benz's long-standing development strategy geared towards sustainability, with its clearly defined aim of producing economical and environment-friendly premium cars without compromising on safety, comfort and superior performance,” he added.
The first hybrid drive in a series production car from Mercedes-Benz makes this S-Class model the most economical petrol-engined luxury saloon, Bernthaler said.
The fuel consumption of 7.9 litres per 100 kilometres corresponds to carbon dioxide emissions of just 186 grammes per kilometre. This is the lowest level worldwide in this vehicle segment, confirming the new S 400 as the "CO2 champion of the luxury class", according to the statement.
The excellent fuel consumption and the low CO2 emissions of the S 400 HYBRID are accompanied by the modified 3.5 litre petrol engine generating 279 hp, while the electric motor produces 20 hp and a starting torque of 160 Nm. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Isuzu D-Max pickup unveiled in Bahrain
- Bahrain motor show opens today
- Bahrain motor show to line-up top models
- GM shakes up auto industry, names first woman CEO
- Nissan Tiida named ‘Best Budget Hatchback’
- Arabian Automobiles inks Infiniti purchase deal
- Record launches at Dubai motor show
- Harley-Davidson Mena backs UN food programme
- Dubai, Riyadh transport plans win praise
- Gulf traffic expo kicks off in Dubai