Segway launches new Patroller models
Dubai, June 4, 2009
Segway, a leader in the small electric vehicle space, has launched its new Patroller models featuring greater vsibility for police, security, and emergency response.
Designed with the direct input of existing customers, the enhancements will help patrolling officers and public safety personnel keep communities safe around the world.
The Patroller models are identifiable by their highly reflective surfaces and an integrated lighting system. Additional product enhancements include a newly designed LeanSteer frame, a front bag specifically designed to carry officers' cargo, and an upper shield for affixing the organization's insignia.
'Law enforcement and security professionals demand a lot from our products,' said Jim Norrod, CEO of Segway.
'As we've grown to serve a customer base of more than 1,000 patrol installations worldwide, we've been collecting feedback that has been directly interpreted in to the new Segway Patroller models. They are very durable and have the visual performance enhancements for which the patrolling officers have been asking,' he said.
The Segway Patroller comes in either an i2 or x2 version. The i2 is optimized for demanding patrol applications that require the rider to transition from indoor to outdoor settings while getting the most out of battery range on a single charge, which is up to 40 km.
The x2 features rugged tires suited for off-road patrol environments such as beaches, parks, trails or any rough surface. Built-in lift handles on the x2 and included cargo frames on the i2 make for a sturdy lift position and attach point for optional additional side cargo.
'We are pleased with the new offering from Segway Inc,' said Steven Brown-Cestero, CEO of Segway of the Middle East.
'The demand for Segways continues to grow amongst the regional police and security forces and this new offering will allow us to address the needs of our clients,” he added.
“While we already have deployments at various police and security departments in the region, the interest in the Patroller has been high and we anticipate having a few police officers aboard the Patroller units in the near future,' he said.
Every Patroller model comes with the following:
• Rider-side-access Patroller bag with water bottle holder and key hook
• Upper shield for affixing organization insignia
• Optic yellow or white 3M DiamondGrade reflectivity for front bag and upper shield with additional reflective lettering for multi-language Police or Security
• Integrated lighting system (either red/blue or amber/white) with handlebar-mounted control
• Comfort mats
• Belt clip-on LED taillight
• Anodized height-adjustable LeanSteer frame with laser-etched height demarcations
• Wireless InfoKey controller with wrist strap
- TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer