Merc-Benz G-Class sales up 139pc
Dubai, June 17, 2009
Despite a sofetning of sales for SUV’s across the Middle East region, Mercedes-Benz said its G-Class saw record May deliveries with a massive 139 per cent growth over the same period last year.
The G-Class, which is 30 years old this year, represents the gene pool for the Mercedes-Benz SUV family, which, with five models, is the largest range of luxury SUVs available in the Middle East & Levant region.
According to the company, the iconic G-Class continues to be as popular as ever with 445 G-Class vehicles having been delivered to custonmers across the Middle East and Levant since January 2009.
In fact so popular has the G-Class been this year that its May deliveries figure of 259 is higher than that for the first five months of last year which was 186, said a top official.
“With its striking appearance, the G-Class continues to be one of the most coveted vehicles of its type on the market,” said Frank Bernthaler, director, Sales and Marketng, Mercedes-Benz Cars, Middle East & Levant.
"The G-Class has become an automotive styling icon and continues to emerge victorious in reader votes across the world," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer