Ford, Mercury among top 10 in quality: study
Dubai, June 25, 2009
Market research company J D Power and Associates' 2009 Initial Quality Study has placed the Ford and Mercury brands among the best in the industry, and placing them among its top ten brands scoring highest in initial quality.
The Ford brand, which continues to outpace the overall industry's quality improvement, now has posted eight consecutive years of gains in the closely watched quality study based on consumer evaluations after the first three months of new-vehicle ownership.
Overall, the Ford brand improved by 10 points over last year's study.
"Ford is becoming synonymous with high quality because of our consistent efforts on quality improvement. It is gratifying to see our commitment to quality paying off in such recognition,” said Waldo Galan, managing director, Ford Middle East.
"Together with our dealers across the region, it is our top priority to continue to deliver quality products and service to our customers,” he added.
Some of Ford's most popular nameplates received top honors for their respective segment, including Ford F-150, Mustang, Edge and Mercury Montego.
J D Power and Associates 2009 Initial Quality Study is based on responses from 80,930 new 2009 model-year vehicle owners after they have driven their new vehicles for three months.
It measures problems per 100 vehicles and was based on November through February registrations. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- GM recalls 1.5m vehicles over faulty ignition switches
- Mahmoudia Motors appoints new GM
- Hyundai seals $8m truck deal with RAK govt firm
- 'Fake' explosives cause roads chaos in Bahrain
- New Peugeot showroom opened in Qatar
- Chesterton enters automobile appraisals
- Mercedes' Rosberg wins Australian GP
- 2014 Range Rover Hybrid launched in Jordan
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs