Mercedes E-Coupé launched in Bahrain
Manama, July 1, 2009
Bahrain’s Al Haddad Motors yesterday launched the new E-Class Coupé from Mercedes-Benz in the kingdom.
The E-Coupe is one of the new generations of Mercedes Benz cars. “The car’s shape, powerful muscles and sharp, arrow-shaped front have been designed to speak directly to the emotions,” said Dr Ulf Ausprung, General Manager of Al Haddad Motors.
“With its classic coupé side aspect, our new two-door is a particularly sporty interpretation of the E-Class's dynamic design,” he said. “At the same time, this coupe achieves a new world’s best drag coefficient of just 0.24 Cd, making it the world's most aerodynamically efficient series-production car.”
The Coupé makes no secret of its close relationship to the recently launched new E-Class saloon. It is immediately obvious from the twin-headlamp face which features a similar rhomboid design for the lights but with a somewhat sportier, sharper treatment which creates a more dynamic and incisive look.
In addition, the new Coupé offers all the technical innovations of the new E-Class that one might expect to find in a sports-oriented luxury coupé. These include selective damper control, drowsiness detection and preventive occupant protection. As a feature specific to the Coupé, the Dynamic Driving package allows different suspension setups at the touch of a button. Adaptive Main Beam Assist and an automatic emergency braking system are other features with which the new series sets standards in this vehicle segment.
The new E-Class Coupe will initially be available in two versions, the E 350 with a V6 engine producing 272 hp and a 0-100 kmh time of 6.5 seconds and the V8 engined E 500 that pushes out 388 hp and can hit 100 kmh from zero in just 5.3 seconds.
The E-Class also takes on a pioneering role with its new direct-injection petrol engines which combine efficiency with an effortless power delivery. They will be available across the Middle East as an E 250 CGI in September and in the E 200 CGI in March of 2010.
With its sporty look and feel, the cockpit design is clearly in keeping with the agile character of the new Coupé. The instrument cluster with five tubes for the dials and a central display has a slender look while the dials themselves are clearly laid out and have high-quality chrome surrounds as well as a silver backing for the scales. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva