VW’s Passat CC wins design award
Dubai, July 7, 2009
The Passat CC, Volkswagen's four-door coupé, has won the "red dot Design Award 2009 - Best of the Best", which compliments its attractive design concept.
The "red dot Design Award" is one of today's most coveted awards that a designer can win for a creative product. The prize has been awarded every year since 2000.
Martin Kropp, designer at Exterior Design Studio 1, accepted the "red dot Design Award" for Volkswagen during a ceremony held recently in Germany.
In March, the Passat CC was awarded the prestigious "iF Product Design Award 2009" in Hanover.
At the end of May, the coupé won the renowned "Australian International Design Award" in the "Automotive and Transport" category.
Having made its debut late 2008 in the Middle East, the Passat CC has been stimulating Volkswagen enthusiasts across the region with its identifying characteristics: stylish coupe design, impressive comfort, sporty interior and dynamic performance.
With these international awards, the Volkswagen Passat CC proves to be the industry standard for a four-door coupé. Its modern design particularly interests the style-conscious consumers in the Middle East, who are known for their distinctive taste in cars, said a statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Renault rolls out new 'Twin’Run'
- All-new E63 AMG launched in Kuwait
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- VW lists recommended retail prices in GCC
- Nissan to recall 841,000 vehicles
- Volkswagen’s new Golf GTI launched in ME
- Nissan ME posts 26pc sales growth in FY2012
- Oman 'must adopt smart road technologies'
- BMW launches the new Z4 in Mideast
- Mannai opens Chevrolet centre in Istanbul