VW’s Passat CC wins design award
Dubai, July 7, 2009
The Passat CC, Volkswagen's four-door coupé, has won the "red dot Design Award 2009 - Best of the Best", which compliments its attractive design concept.
The "red dot Design Award" is one of today's most coveted awards that a designer can win for a creative product. The prize has been awarded every year since 2000.
Martin Kropp, designer at Exterior Design Studio 1, accepted the "red dot Design Award" for Volkswagen during a ceremony held recently in Germany.
In March, the Passat CC was awarded the prestigious "iF Product Design Award 2009" in Hanover.
At the end of May, the coupé won the renowned "Australian International Design Award" in the "Automotive and Transport" category.
Having made its debut late 2008 in the Middle East, the Passat CC has been stimulating Volkswagen enthusiasts across the region with its identifying characteristics: stylish coupe design, impressive comfort, sporty interior and dynamic performance.
With these international awards, the Volkswagen Passat CC proves to be the industry standard for a four-door coupé. Its modern design particularly interests the style-conscious consumers in the Middle East, who are known for their distinctive taste in cars, said a statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest
- Bahrain tests lighting for F1 night race
- French carmakers race to reclaim Iran
- Bosch plans 110 car service centres in GCC