Renault launches improved Logan
Dubai, July 23, 2009
French automaker Renault has launched an improved sequel to its Logan saloon – which has been extensively updated from its predecessor.
The 1.6 16V engine drives the new Renault Logan with a power output of 105hp (77kW) at 5,750 rpm and peak torque of 148 Nm at 3,750 rpm, and with a top speed of 183 kph. This engine not only makes the Renault Logan stand out from similarly priced cars, but provides a smooth and pleasant drive, said a statement.
The new automatic Logan has also improved on its looks and comfort.
“The new and enhanced Logan adds to the existing Renault saloon family which currently includes the Safrane and Clio models available is several versions,” said Mohamed Bennani, managing director of Renault GCC.
“Our cars will always provide the key attributes of safety, reliability, comfort and performance. And customers will see and understand the importance of these attributes with the new automatic Logan.”
Ergonomics have been given key consideration in the new Logan, with a new driver's seat adjustment control. Rear visibility has been improved through the fitment of comma-type central rear headrests and large format door mirrors.
A new contemporary exterior styling and a more attractive and comfortable cabin are added extras.
The boot volume of 510 litres is also unrivalled in its category and the boot layout means it’s much easier to carry a real mix of different shapes and sizes, the statement added.
Depending on the model, the Logan PE offers a satin central console, a 5-function on-board computer and electric self-demisting door mirrors for maximum comfort.
On the Logan SE, the interior’s dark carbon Geneva upholstery is in harmony with the chrome rims and fog lamps, and the central locking doors add more convenience.
On the passive safety front, the new Logan features a new honeycomb structure for the dashboard, which reduces the severity of impact to the knees. Driver and front passenger also benefit from further lower limb protection, thanks to underfoot padding.
All Logan seats are equipped with three-point seatbelts and headrests, while the new car is delivered in its upper version with two controlled-deflation airbags. For extra comfort, Renault has added an adjustable central armrest.
The new Renault Logan is also backed with a 3-year or 100,000 km warranty.
Renault has also developed the Renault Customer First program, the first of its kind in the GCC. This 11-point programme now comes standard and free of charge with every Renault vehicle purchased. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi