BMW 7 Series offers mobile Internet
Dubai, August 12, 2009
BMW has become the world’s first automaker to offer in-car Internet access from the dashboard display of its flagship model, the BMW 7 Series, a statement said.
This feature named BMW Online is offered through the BMW ConnectedDrive communications service, and gives passengers the option to surf the Internet while travelling.
The Internet is viewed on the central display in the instrument panel or on the rear passenger DVD display screens and navigated using the iDrive controller.
Rear seat passengers can browse websites and access their e-mails at any time. For safety reasons, those in the front can only access these functions when the car is parked. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Aston Martin marks centenary in style
- Dubai Autodrome appoints new GM
- Najd Rent-a-Car buys 50 new luxury cars
- New Mercedes-Benz E-Class launched in Kuwait
- Dubai RTA services to go online in June
- Mercedes-Benz Kuwait launches service week
- New Jaguar F-TYPE makes UAE debut
- Yas Marina offers 5 AMG driving experiences
- Transguard driver wins top honour
- UAE Renault sales goes up 49pc