Chevrolet SUV ranks top in Saudi Auto tests
Dubai, August 31, 2009
Chevrolet’s full size SUV Tahoe has been named as the 'Editor's Choice' in the latest issue of Saudi Auto, the leading automotive magazine in Saudi Arabia, after a comparative test against the Toyota Sequoia.
Bakur Azher, publisher and editor in Chief of Saudi Auto, said: “In a closely fought contest, the Chevrolet Tahoe wins the editor’s seal of approval as the full size SUV of choice. Its ability to combine all its attributes together with excellent value puts it ahead of the competition.”
Johnny Amiouni, Chevrolet SUV marketing manager in the Middle East, said: “The Chevrolet Tahoe dominates the market in terms of raw power, value, quality and comfort.”
“Designed to deliver a sharper driving experience, segment-leading fuel efficiency, increased interior refinement and improved quietness, the Tahoe is truly a leader in its category. With these qualities in mind, we are delighted to receive this prestigious accolade from Saudi Auto.”
The Chevrolet Tahoe is available in three trim levels: LS, LT and LTZ, with two-wheel drive and four-wheel drive models available.
All come well equipped with six speed transmission and a world class 5.3-litre V8 engine with 355 hp at 5,200 rpm. Enhanced safety, comfort and convenience features and refinements throughout Tahoe’s spacious interior create an environment exuding quality, precision and comfort.
The Editor's Choice is a monthly comparative test drive feature conducted by Saudi Auto's expert editorial team involving both static and dynamic evaluation criteria.
“This recognition marks yet another milestone for the Chevrolet Tahoe in the Middle East. The appeal of the Tahoe is at an all-time high and has not slowed down since it won the Saudi Auto ‘Truck of the Year’ accolade in 2007,” said Amiouni. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service