MINI Coupé Concept set for debut
Dubai, September 2, 2009
MINI’s new sporting two-seater will be presented for the first time at the upcoming IAA Frankfurt Motor Show, to be held from September 17 to 27.
The MINI Coupé Concept will be limited to two seats and follows the MINI philosophy of lightweight construction, while compact dimensions, perfect axle load distribution and a low centre of gravity enhance the agility typical of MINI to a higher level, said a statement.
“The MINI Coupé Concept is unmistakably MINI in its characteristics but brings a new and exciting extension in design story to the legend of the MINI,” said Sarah Klippert, manager of MINI at BMW Group Middle East.
“It is a design study that gives a good impression of what future models of the MINI family might look like,” she added.
This two-seater is designed to accommodate even the most powerful engine currently available in the MINI range – and with the 1.6-litre twin-scroll – turbocharged power unit carried over from the MINI – John Cooper Works, the MINI Coupé Concept has the capacity to offer outstanding performance, the statement said.
Maximum output is 211 hp, with a peak torque 260 Newton-metres that can be increased through the Overboost function to a more substantial 280 Newton-metres.
The concept car also follows the BMW Group’s EfficientDynamics development strategy. With more driving pleasure and lower emissions, the MINI Coupé Concept lives out this philosophy expressed by MINI through its sustainability strategy called Minimalism. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Hyundai to unveil concept car in 2014
- Isuzu D-Max pickup unveiled in Bahrain
- Bahrain motor show opens today
- Bahrain motor show to line-up top models
- GM shakes up auto industry, names first woman CEO
- Nissan Tiida named ‘Best Budget Hatchback’
- Arabian Automobiles inks Infiniti purchase deal
- Record launches at Dubai motor show
- Harley-Davidson Mena backs UN food programme
- Dubai, Riyadh transport plans win praise