Al Habtoor acquires car rental firm
Dubai, September 8, 2009
The UAE-based Al Habtoor Group has attained full ownership of one of its group companies, Diamondlease, a major car rental and leasing company in the UAE.
The acquirement is seen as a strategic move aimed at building synergies with the Al Habtoor Group. As a result of direct reporting to the group, Diamondlease anticipates larger achievements with stronger and more effective corporate governance.
Established in 1996, Diamondlease offered automotive leasing to customers in the UAE as an alternative to owning and maintaining vehicles.
At present, Diamondlease, an ISO 9001:2000 certified company, boasts of a fleet of around 9,000 vehicles. Despite the current economic challenges across the region, Diamondlease maintains a positive outlook and strives for even greater heights and more success in the future.
Over the past 5 years Diamondlease has achieved phenomenal growth in business - a CAGR of 30 per cent in fleet size, 40 per cent in Gross Revenue and 70 per cent in Net Profit.
Diamondlease has a wide network of 18 branch locations covering Dubai, Dubai International Airport, The Metropolitan Hotels, Habtoor Grand Hotel, Knowledge Village, Dubai Investment Park, Jebel Ali Free Zone, Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi International Airport, Sharjah and Fujairah.
Diamondlease also boasts of the largest and best-in-industry service and operations facility in Dubai Investments Park.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer