Enoc-RTA venture in new charity drive
Dubai, September 13, 2009
Tasjeel, an Enoc and Road Transport Authority (RTA) joint venture for speedy and hassle-free vehicle testing and registration services, has introduced “Dirham wa’Bas”, a new charity initiative being held during Ramadan.
With ‘Dirham wa’Bas,’ Tasjeel will donate one Dirham from the car registration fees of every car towards Bait Al Kair Society, a charity organisation in the UAE. The move also includes setting up a number of charity collection points at its service centres across Dubai, Sharjah and Khorfakan.
Ayas Bin Hendi, general manager of Tasjeel, said: 'The “Dirham wa’Bas” initiative complements the various efforts undertaken by Enoc group to partner in social projects for the welfare of UAE residents.'
'At Tasjeel service centres, we receive an average of 2,000 vehicles for registration every day. We hope that the charity initiative will help bring smile to people in need.'
In a bid to offer motorists more convenience and flexibility during the month of Ramadan, Tasjeel has extended its working hours at all service centres. They are now open from 9:00 am until 3:00 pm and 8:00 pm until 12:00 mid night from Saturday to Thursday.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Tasjeel |
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show