Renault launches 2 new vehicles in Bahrain
Manama, October 19, 2009
French automaker Renault has launched two brand new vehicles – a multipurpose crossover and an economical sedan – in Bahrain.
The launch took place recently at an event at the Gulf Hotel, organised by Y K Almoayyed & Sons, the authorised distributor for Renault in Bahrain.
The Renault Koleos is an all terrain crossover vehicle, claiming the comfort of a sedan, the spaciousness of a multi-purpose vehicle and the abilities of a 4x4, while the Renault Logan is a compact, economical sedan, a statement said.
“Koleos packs real 4x4 ability to take all types of terrain in its stride and is also available in the 4x2 version,” said Gurdeep Singh, deputy general manager – marketing and sales of YK Almoayyed & Sons.
“Equipped with a 2.5 litre engine, which generates 170 hp, you will enjoy the pleasure of a truly comfortable and spacious crossover,” he added.
“Renault continues its emphasis on high safety standards in the Koleos wherein ABS, ESP (electronic stability programme) and six airbags have been provided for complete protection.”
Singh continued: “The Renault Koleos is exceptionally modular in design thanks to a long list of ingenious, practical cubbies located throughout its spacious interior.”
“Easy folding of the rear seats and an equally simple tipping of the front passenger seatback forward enables longer items to be carried with ease. When lowered, the bottom part of the hatch serves as a useful platform.
“The refined interior of the car combines generous front headroom, while the extensive glazed area and vast panoramic sunroof ensure a brilliantly lit cabin. The BOSE audio system with a 6 CD changer and 9 speakers, adept with MP3 will ensure that you witness a hi-fi experience of a quality identical to that of the car itself.”
The dual-zone automatic climate control of the Koleos permits each front passenger to adjust the temperature to their individual requirement, the statement said.
The control located at the rear of the centre console lets rear passengers choose their ideal settings as well.
Singh added that the evidence of French chic is in the 17-inch alloy wheels, body coloured electric mirrors and rear spoiler assist in enhancing the overall look of this already good looking car.
Renault is also offering owners a three-year or 100,000 km warranty on the Koleos, he said.
Sandeep Mathur, marketing manager said: “Logan is the ultimate ‘more’ car per vehicle. As an entry level car, it’s high on the list with more of everything an owner is looking at – performance, space and motoring. All this from the F1 champions Renault.”
The 1.6 engine drives the Logan to unprecedented levels of performance, with a power output of 90hp (64kW) at 5,500rpm and peak torque of 128Nm at 3,000rpm, and a top speed of 175kph.
The new Renault Logan features an overall length of 4,290 mm, while its width is 1,740mm - providing 1,428mm rear shoulder room.
In fact, three tall passengers (more than 1.90m in height) can be accommodated comfortably in the rear thanks to rear headroom of 873mm, Mathur pointed out.
The Logan has a boot volume of 510 litres, which is unequalled in its category, said the statement.
The sedan also comes with a three-year or 100,000 km warranty, Mathur added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show