GM ME gets communications and PR manager
Dubai, November 1, 2009
General Motors (GM) has appointed Samer El Khalil to the position of GM Middle East communications and public relations manager.
In his new role, Samer will be responsible for all communications activities for GM and its brands in the Middle East. He is succeeding Saada Hammad who has decided to pursue other career opportunities.
Samer started his career with GM in 2001, becoming the GMC and Chevrolet SUV brand manager in 2005. In this capacity, he re-introduced Chevrolet Full Size Utility Vehicles in Saudi Arabia after an absence of 10 years.
Samer has now moved back to Dubai after his most recent two-year assignment as the regional marketing and product planning manager for Latin America, Africa and the Middle East (Laam).
“Samer El Khalil is a dynamic figure who brings a can-do approach to everything he does. This, combined with his valuable experience in the region, will help him lead the new GM to even higher levels,” stated Mike Devereux, president of GM Middle East Operations.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award