Dubai firm to launch super/hyper cars in India
Mumbai, November 10, 2009
Three brands of Super Hyper Cars (SHCs), including the world's fastest car, Ultimate Aero, are all set to storm Indian roads by the end of this year, said a report.
Dubai-based Ultimate Motors, one of the leading distibutors of exotic and luxury sports cars in the world, will be launching the three brands of commercial SHCs - Shelby, Zenvo and Arash, by December, according to a report in The Economic Times.
'The demand for luxury cars in India is increasing of late and people are now keen to have customised cars. We are in touch with four leading dealers in India and expect to launch the commercial SHCs by the end of this year,' Ultimate Motors' president, Nasser Al-Hai, said, on the sidelines of a luxury lifestyle event here.
US-based Shelby SuperCars' Utimate Aero has been recorded as the world's fastest car with a speed of 413 kilometres per hour (257 mph) and produces 1,183 horsepower thus making it the world's most powerful production car. It can reach from 0-to-60 mph in 2.78 seconds.
Similarly, Denmark's Zenvo and UK-based Arash are also in the race to introduce their SHCs into the Indian market.
Arash has a unique road car aerodynamics whereas the Zenvo comes with full carbon body and steel chassis.
More Motoring Stories
- F1 clinches Mideast TV rights deal
- Daimler gets Aston Martin stake in engine supply deal
- Hyundai Elantra sales jump 90pc in UAE
- Jeddah gears up for Saudi motor show
- ALJ plans big car assembly plant in Saudi
- Infiniti launches new models in Lebanon
- UAE Dial-A-Battery services in big demand
- Honda recalls Acura sedans over loose bolts
- Lincoln MKZ makes Bahrain debut
- Monster trucks drive motor show success