Liberty launches all-new Chevrolet models
Dubai, November 22, 2009
Liberty Automobiles Company, a General Motors dealer and member of the UAE-based Liberty Group, has rolled out two new Chevrolet models – the Cruze and the Malibu - in the UAE.
The Cruze is an all-new Chevrolet vehicle built for the global market, having received rave reviews in markets where it has already been launched.
It is a compact sedan with a stylish exterior, a roomy interior and sophisticated features that are best in class in this segment.
The Malibu is a mid-size sedan packed with high-end features and unmatched safety standards. The Malibu has a precisely-crafted exterior design with 18-inch wheels.
The interior is very roomy and is among the best in the segment for overall quietness and refinement, said a company official.
“Liberty is proud to be the first dealer in the UAE to launch the two sensational newcomers from Chevrolet,” said Abdul Malik, Group general manager of Liberty Automobiles, at a fun-packed launch event held recently in the company's showroom.
'We believe that the Cruze and the Malibu, along with the Camaro, which was launched two months ago, will contribute significantly to rejuvenate the Chevrolet brand in the UAE. We are already seeing improvement in the UAE automotive market, and new products like Malibu and Cruze will help accelerate the momentum,” he noted.
'Both vehicles introduce a fresh and unmistakable look for Chevrolet with eye-catching designs that are elegant and distinctive, both inside and out, along with precise fit and finish and comfort never seen before,' said Mike Devereux, president, General Motors Middle East.
'The Cruze and Malibu provide more standard features and more value than any of our competitors,' he noted.
“The entry of both models has been preceded by a blitz of publicity and excellent reviews in markets where they have been launched,” said Rajesh Krishnan, general manager - Chevrolet division, Liberty Automobiles.
“The Cruze, which falls in the compact segment, has generated tremendous interest in the UAE, because of its enhanced features. The Malibu, based on our feedback, seems to be strongly placed to knock many competitors off the pedestal,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service