Arabian Auto, Enoc to launch off-roading event
Dubai, November 26, 2009
Arabian Automobiles, the exclusive dealer for Nissan, Infiniti and Renault in Dubai and the Northern Emirates, in association with Enoc Lubricants, will hold the second edition of the ‘Xplore UAE’ off-road driving event next month.
The 4x4 off-roading event titled ‘Xplore UAE II’, which will be held on December 11, and will begin at the Fujairah Hilton Hotel. All proceeds raised from participation in the event will be donated to the Rashid Paediatric Therapy Center.
The off-road event, which is also supported by Goodyear, a global tire company, will be an opportunity for off-roading enthusiasts to explore the wadis and deserts of the UAE over a day-long drive which will end with dinner and entertainment.
“After the tremendous response to the event in 2008, we are pleased to announce the second edition of Xplore UAE,” said Felix Welch, director of sales and marketing at Arabian Automobiles.
“Off-roading is a signature activity in the UAE with thousands of enthusiasts enjoying the challenge of desert driving every year,” he added.
“Naturally, as dealers for Nissan and Infiniti vehicles we encourage owners of those particular marques to participate but equally, owners of all makes of SUVs are most welcome.
“Our long-standing relationship with Enoc is recognised through this event with both companies committed to supporting sections of our society who are needy and less fortunate... in this case young children through the wonderful work of the Rashid Paediatric Therapy Center in Dubai.”
Ahmed Al Mulla, manager, Enoc Lubricants, a subsidiary of the Emirates National Oil Company, said: “We have created this annual event with Arabian Automobiles to provide an opportunity for SUV owners to discover the stunning beauty of our local deserts and wadis. This full-day event is designed to provide participants with the satisfaction of helping the community by simply being a part of the fun adventure we have planned for this event.”
Nissan, which offers the largest line-up of SUVs in the region, is providing the official vehicles for the safety marshals on the event. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers