Chinese auto giant set to enter UAE
Dubai, December 13, 2009
Haima, one of the largest Chinese automobile manufacturers, is set to enter UAE and has tied up with Abu Dhabi based - First Motors a subsidiary of Bin Omeir Holding Group (BOHG).
Haima will be introducing 6 new models during the Dubai International Motor Show being held from December 16 to 20.
BOHG has diversified business interests in the UAE, Middle East and Africa, across many sectors including automobiles, commercial and military vehicles, car rental and leasing, logistics, banking, insurance, real estate developments and construction among other industry segments.
“We believe that UAE has a lot of potential and are looking at the mid income segment. With 21 years’ of development, Haima Automobiles has established complete supply chain and sales and services framework in line with international standards,” said Fred Huang, general manager, Haima Automobiles.
“As per published reports it is increasingly apparent that the UAE automotive market is mature, with vehicle ownership rates of over 540 per 1,000 inhabitants, a rate that exceeds most of the developing world. We are positioning our vehicles in a particular segment and we are confident that we will further boost the automobile sector in the UAE,” he added.
FAW Haima Automobile Company, one of the vehicle production bases, is located in Haikou city in South China covering an area of 2 million sqm and achieves an annual production capacity of 150,000 units of passenger vehicles. FAW Haima has two factories and one engine factory with complete manufacturing facilities and process of stamping, welding, painting and final assembling, and the third factory is under construction now, after completion, the total annual production volume will be 300,000 units.
Having started its strategic cooperation with Mazda in 1992, Haima has built its own R&D technical system and quality control system benefiting from the cooperation with Mazda for 15 years. With the newly developed engine and mature under body components, Haima collaborates with professional R&D institutions worldwide for joint design and development of complete vehicles.
Haima started exporting its cars in 2007 and now the sales network covers Middle East, North Africa, East Europe, South America and Southeast Asia. The countries the company covers currently include Egypt, Algeria, UAE, Syria, Jordan, Libya, Venezuela, Peru, Moldova, Philippines and so on.
Till now, nearly 10,000 units Haima cars and matched spare parts have been exported to the overseas markets.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm