New 'Ultimate Aero' launched at Dubai motor show
Dubai, December 20, 2009
Shelby SuperCars (SSC), an American supercar company and the creator of the ‘Ultimate Aero’, has launched the $740,000 ‘2010 Ultimate Aero’ at the ‘Dubai International Motor Show 2009’, which is ending today (December 20).
Acclaimed as the fastest production car in the world, the new supercar model can accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in 2.78 seconds and is capable of a top speed of 439 km/h (273 mph). Bringing this new offering from SSC to the region is Ultimate Motors, a leading distributor of exotic and luxury sports cars in the GCC.
Customised and road-tested to suit the harsh weather conditions in the GCC, the ‘2010 Ultimate Aero’ runs on an exclusive SSC-designed, one-piece billet aluminum twin turbo V8 engine block designed to improve structural integrity and oiling capabilities while improving durability. Now armed with the more powerful new engine, the 2010 model produces 1287 hp, 15 per cent more horsepower than the 2007 model, and 1112 ft-lbs of torque.
SSC also commissioned American company ‘Aeromotive’ to develop a flawless system to accommodate the unique fuel system requirements of the ‘2010 Ultimate Aero’, which features upgrades including carbon ceramic brakes and power steering.
The ‘2010 Ultimate Aero’ is a mid-engine, rear wheel drive supercar with twin turbo chargers, dual-water to air intercoolers and custom Recaro seats. Further, the car features the trademarked AeroBrake system that deploys under braking situations, and which can be disabled at the push of a button for city driving or situations where sharp braking and downforce assistance are not necessary. Finished in carbon fibre, the rear spoilers actuate up an additional 8” when the brake pedal is depressed with the speed of the spoiler actuation determined by the amount of brake pedal pressure.
“The 2010 model is a testament to our unrivalled pursuit for excellence, which continuously fuels us to make pioneering breakthroughs in automotive development and we are confident that this new supercar will further raise the benchmark for supercars while pushing the limits of current production car technology,” stated Jerod Shelby, president and CEO of Shelby SuperCars.
Combining the power plant of an engine with a lightweight, aerodynamic body and the best handling systems available, the ‘2010 Ultimate Aero’ has an increased engine displacement of 387.2 cu. in., bore and stroke of 4.125 x 3.620', and electronic sequential port fuel injection. Packed with a revamped front fascia design and an array of important upgrades - including a navigation system, 10-speaker premium audio/CD/DVD system, 7.5' video/DVD screen and automatic rear view camera - SSC delivers a vehicle that eclipses all other cars in performance and aesthetics. In addition, the centre console incorporates a digital temperature control unit and tire pressure monitor.
“Our commitment to the region is underlined by our efforts to bring the latest achievements in supercar engineering to the market through our strong alliances with leading global manufacturers such as SSC,” added Nasser Al Hai, president, Ultimate Motors.
Shelby SuperCars is an American supercar company founded in 1999 by automotive enthusiast Jerod Shelby. Headquartered in Tri-Cities, Washington, SSC is driven by its founder’s strong passion for racing and automotive culture. Competing with the likes of Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bugatti, and Koenigsegg, SSC has and continues to exponentially accelerate in its development and production of world-class supercars.
At present, the company is working on developing and implementing a revolutionary green technology for its supercars in the near future.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service