Renault unveils new 4x4
Dubai, January 26, 2010
French automaker Renault Trucks has unveiled its latest 4x4 truck, the Sherpa, which was initially offered as a military vehicle, but is now available for civilian applications on a built-to-order basis.
The launch took place at an event titled the Renault-Trucks Desert Adventure at Jumeirah Bab Al Shams Desert Resort and Spa in Dubai.
“Renault Trucks has a long experience of manufacturing trucks specially adapted to the toughest desert conditions,” said Stefano Chmielewski, president and CEO of Renault Trucks.
“We have again recently proven the reliability of our trucks in the Cape to Cape Adventure, showing the capacity of our products in all conditions from North Cape, to Cape Town. We will have Kerax 6x6 and Sherpa 4x4 participating to the Dakar Rally in South America also in January."
Marc Legeay, marketing director for Renault Trucks Middle East, said: “Renault Trucks will actively promote the Desert Range in 2010 in the Middle East by promoting the kerax but also the new Sherpa and by participating to main events like Desert Challenge, along with partners like Monster Energy racing who had recently purchased the Kerax 6x6 Cape to Cape.”
The Sherpa, powered by a diesel engine features a 6-speed automatic transmission, a centralized on board tires inflation system, a ground clearance of 630 mm and a torque of 800 Nm.
It is 5.3 meters long, 2.35 meters wide and 2.3 meters high, making it larger than most cars on the road.
With an approach angle of 60 degrees, it is a very sturdy equipped off-road vehicle, with ABS-assisted four-wheel disc brakes, racing seats and a dashboard that adds a dash of contemporary styling to the functional and roomy cabin, said a statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers