Subaru rolls out 'Legacy 2010'
Abu Dhabi, February 15, 2010
Fuji Heavy Industries, the manufacturers of Subaru automobiles Japan, has launched ‘Legacy 2010’, a car which has got one of the highest five star European safety ratings, in Abu Dhabi.
The company has appointed Al Adiyat Automobiles as its exclusive distributor in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain.
All Subaru vehicles have a horizontal Boxer engine and all wheel drive (AWD) and, therefore, have the highest safety ratings, perfect balance and are extremely comfortable to drive, explained a company official.
Subaru's ‘Legacy’ model has been awarded the highest possible 5-star safety rating by the European New Car Assessment Programme (Euro NCAP) in its combined safety performance test.
Euro NCAP is an independent agency organized by the transport authorities in European countries. The new stringent system evaluates “Adults Occupant Protection”, “Child Occupant Protection”, “Pedestrian Protection” and “Safety Assist”.
“We are delighted to strengthen our UAE operations by partnering with Al Adiyat Automobiles. Abu Dhabi is on an exponential growth path and we are confident that the discerning customers in the UAE will come forward to experience our state of the art vehicles,” said Keisuke Kanamori, regional head, CIS, MEA, Fuji Heavy Industries.
“Subaru was one of the few brands to show growth in the US, China and other markets in 2009,” he added.
Commenting on the relationship, Hafiz Vakil, general manager Al Adiyat Automobiles said, "We are proud to be associated with Subaru. The company has won several awards in US and Europe for safety by various industry bodies. The IIHS (US) has awarded the top safety award for every Subaru vehicle in its line-up."
The Subaru line up include accalimed sedan – ‘Legacy 2010’, a 305-horsepower – ‘Impreza WRX STI’, the Best Selling All-Wheel Drive Wagon in America – ‘Outback’, listed in the Forbes top 15 safest cars - for 2009 – ‘Tribeca’ and Forester - an SUV with 5 star safety ratings from National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, US and also one of the safest SUVs in its category.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show