Nissan’s new flagship SUV comes to Dubai
Dubai, February 15, 2010
Nissan Motor Company launched its highly anticipated all-new 2010 Nissan Patrol SUV in Dubai, at a specially constructed test course in Jebel Ali.
Arabian Automobiles is the sole distributor of Nissan, Infiniti and Renault vehicles in Dubai and Northern Emirates.
Meticulously honed for over five decades, the Patrol is Nissan’s flagship SUV model and enjoys a rich heritage and passionate following in Dubai and the Northern Emirates that dates back to the 1950s, said a spokesperson.
This off-road trendsetter was one of the first dedicated four-wheel-drive vehicles available in the climatically demanding Middle East region, and boasts the notable distinction of also being the first vehicle to successfully cross the grueling Simpson Desert in Australia back in 1960, he added.
Arabian Automobiles is launching the new Patrol under the banner of ‘The Hero of All Terrain’.
The Patrol now returns as an all-new seventh generation model, incorporating a new platform, a radical new design direction, significantly enhanced interior comfort and luxury, powerful new V8 engines, a 7-speed automatic transmission and a new 4WD system.
“The Patrol is quite simply the defining SUV product for the Nissan brand in Dubai, the Northern Emirates and the wider Middle East,” said Michel Ayat, CEO of Arabian Automobiles.
More than 40 Japanese engineers completed a total of 13,265 hours of testing in the region to assess the vehicle’s performance and durability.
A rigorous programme of tests was carried out by Nissan engineers between early 2008 to the end of 2009, in the tough terrain areas close to the UAE and Saudi border.
The Nissan Patrol is known as the SUV that is reliable, unbreakable and affordable, he stated.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi