Al Tayer brings Maserati GranCabrio to UAE
Dubai, March 1, 2010
Al Tayer Motors, the official Maserati dealer in UAE, has launched the Maserati GranCabrio.
The GranCabrio is the first four-seater convertible in the history of Maserati and completes its product line-up consisting of three different families of models: the Quattroporte sedans, GranTurismo coupés and now, the GranCabrio convertible.
“Since its international debut at the Frankfurt International Motorshow, the GranCabrio has attracted attention, particularly for its beautiful styling and design,” said Ashok Khanna, chief executive officer, Al Tayer Motors.
The Maserati GranCabrio is available through Al Tayer Motors’ Sheikh Zayed Road facility in Dubai and through its subsidiary Premier Motors in Umm El Nar, Abu Dhabi.
“The Middle East market is of great significance for Maserati and our cars have received an enthusiastic response from customers. I am confident the GranCabrio will build on the success that Maserati has enjoyed so far and take it to the next level,” said Umberto Cini, managing director, Maserati Middle East and Africa.
The open-top GranCabrio is pure Maserati, with an unmistakable Pininfarina design, spacious interiors, handcrafted details, driving pleasure and high performances, he added.
The Maserati GranCabrio is powered by a 4.7 litre V8 engine paired with the fluid 6-speed automatic transmission.
In Sport mode, the V8 gives the driver and passengers the full power of its 323kW, with a thrilling roar that becomes even more exciting with the top down, as it becomes one with its surroundings.
The body of the Maserati GranCabrio has been thoroughly overhauled. Despite the lack of an overhead frame and a wheelbase at the top of its class (2.942mm: longer than its direct competitors) it guarantees the best possible performance in terms of structural rigidity. This enhances the smooth handling, safety and comfort of the car, and fully exploits the powerful, efficient mechanics.
The newly-designed bearing monocoque has been made using materials and technologies designed especially to optimise weight: the bonnet and cross beams are made from aluminium, while the boot is made from SMC (Sheet Molding Compound).
The weight distribution (with higher load at the rear) also facilitates excellent on-the-road dynamics and improved safety, in combination with the vehicle's control systems. These include, for the first time ever, the Hydraulic Brake Assist (HBA), which optimises brake performance both in frequent use and in emergency situations, he added.
With the longest wheelbase in its segment, the Maserati GranCabrio gives all passengers an extremely comfortable ride even on long journeys.
Passenger safety is enhanced, thanks to the extendable roll bars behind the rear seats, which are activated if necessary.
Passenger comfort onboard the Maserati GranCabrio also comes from the perfect integration between the vehicle's top and its main systems, guaranteeing maximum efficiency and drivability in all conditions.
The automatic dual-zone climate control function optimizes the conditions inside the car, adjusting the internal temperature and the intensity of ventilation depending on the outside temperature, heat of the sun, and air humidity.
The GranCabrio has been equipped with a Bose audio system.
The GranCabrio's roof is strictly canvas-made. Not only does it offer ample opportunities for customisation, but it also adds considerable benefits in terms of on-the-road dynamics, as the car's centre of gravity is lower.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- New Peugeot showroom opened in Qatar
- Chesterton enters automobile appraisals
- Mercedes' Rosberg wins Australian GP
- 2014 Range Rover Hybrid launched in Jordan
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker