Volkswagen launches Scirocco R-Line
Dubai, March 6, 2010
Volkswagen Middle East has launched the third generation of its popular two-door coupé Scirocco with a new ‘R-line’.
“The cult status of the Scirocco is well deserved, and is without doubt the sportiest car ever produced by Volkswagen,” said Stefan Mecha, managing director of Volkswagen Middle East - the regional office of Europe’s largest car manufacturer.
“It is because of this we decided to reward the Scirocco’s accomplishments and our customers with the special Volkswagen Exclusive treatment,” he added.
“The R-Line version of our star coupé is for those who want highly dynamic styling on the car body and interior in the spirit of the power-enhanced R models, yet prefer an engine with less power.”
Launched in the Middle East in 2009, the generation III Scirocco customers have been rewarded with a regal re-vamp by the customising specialists at Volkswagen Exclusive, a statement said.
In configuring their new car, buyers can choose between an interior and an exterior package. The two R-Line packages may also be ordered together.
The Scirocco offers a powerful design, high-end technologies such as DCC adaptive chassis control and the new 7-speed DSG dual clutch transmission, the statement added.
In addition, the Scirocco provides exclusive use of efficient turbo engines with up to 147 kW / 200 hp, space for four adults despite its sporty image, according to the statement.
In the Middle East, Volkswagen offers the Scirocco with two TSI engines (118 kW / 160 hp and 147 kW / 200 hp). – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Aston Martin rolls out new Vanquish Volante
- Abu Dhabi group buys key stake in British F1 team
- Tyre safety awareness campaign held
- Nissan tops 2013 green brand list
- Qatar Holding sells 10pc stake in Porsche
- Harley-Davidson rolls out 'Breakout'
- Abu Dhabi revs up for major British GP sell
- McLaren, Xbox offer 'ride of a lifetime'
- Arabian Auto offers custom Nissan plan
- Mazda opens new showroom in Doha