Fakhro opens BYD showroom in Bahrain
Manama, March 25, 2010
Fakhro Motors, a unit of the Fakhro Group whose operations include automotive and industrial products, marked its alliance with the Chinese car manufacturer BYD by opening a new showroom for the BYD range.
“The introduction of BYD is a great opportunity to help cement Bahraini and Chinese commercial relations and is possibly the most exciting addition to the Fakhro group,” Jacob Thomas, Fakhro Group general manager.
“BYD is exciting because it is one of China’s most surprising success stories,” said Mohammed Fakhro, managing director of Fakhro Group.
“BYD’s F3 sedan became the best selling sedan car in China in October 2008, topping the likes of Toyota’s Corolla and Volkswagen’s Jetta. In 2009, BYD sold over 300,000 of the F3. It is now the manufacturer of fastest selling car in the Far East.”
BYD is entering the Bahraini car market solely distributed through Fakhro group with 3 launch models – the F3, the sportier F3-R and the luxurious F6, featuring a number of innovative features. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- VW names Mideast eco contest winner
- Aston Martin rolls out new Vanquish Volante
- Abu Dhabi group buys key stake in British F1 team
- Tyre safety awareness campaign held
- Nissan tops 2013 green brand list
- Qatar Holding sells 10pc stake in Porsche
- Harley-Davidson rolls out 'Breakout'
- Abu Dhabi revs up for major British GP sell
- McLaren, Xbox offer 'ride of a lifetime'
- Arabian Auto offers custom Nissan plan