Arabian Auto confirms Nissan Patrol prices
Dubai, March 29, 2010
Arabian Automobiles, the exclusive dealer for Nissan, Infiniti and Renault in Dubai and the Northern Emirates has confirmed the pricing for the all-new 2010 Nissan Patrol SUV.
The announcement of pricing follows the recent visit of Nissan president and CEO Carlos Ghosn to Dubai, where he officially launched the new Patrol at a new Arabian Automobiles 4x4 test track close to Jebel Ali Shooting Club.
The Patrol will be available in two specification grades – SE and LE – but with a wide choice of equipment levels on each grade to satisfy individual customer requirements.
The LE grade features a 400hp/560Nm version of a newly developed ‘VK56VD’ 5.6-litre V8 engine with VVEL (variable valve event and lift) and DIG (direct injection gasoline) technologies together with a 7-speed automatic transmission with manual mode shift technology. The SE grade secures the 320hp engine which comes with a new 5-speed automatic transmission.
“We are confident both new and existing Patrol owners will be astonished with the huge step up in luxury, technology and performance that the new Patrol is offering,” stated Michel Ayat, CEO of Arabian Automobiles.
All Patrols come comprehensively equipped as standard with Nissan’s world-first Hydraulic Body Motion Control System (HBMC), which keeps the car flatter with less body roll during lane-changing and cornering, while delivering a comfortable ride in city driving and superb stability on rugged and sandy tracks.
Another crucial part of handling equation comes from the new suspension system, which now employs 4-wheel independent suspension, upgraded from the previous rigid axle setup. Nissan has completely redesigned the vehicle’s suspension from the bushes to the links. The combination of HBMC and the new suspension system with its longer suspension stroke delivers significantly improved handling and stability on both on and off-road terrain.
All Patrols also employ a newly developed All Mode 4x4 system incorporating a variable 4x4 mode package. It allows the driver to quickly switch between four drive modes: sand, on-road, snow and rock, with the flick of a switch. In sand mode, owners are able to drive safely, quickly and skillfully in sand and dirt, just like professional rally drivers.
In addition, all Patrols also offer a new Hill Start Assist and Hill Descent Control which can also be selected easily with the touch of a button. With Hill Start Assist, if a driver stops on a slope and steps off the brake pedal, the system keeps the vehicle stationary – with no roll back. Hill Descent Control uses the brakes to maintain a constant downhill speed of 7km/h in 4H mode and 4km/h in 4L mode.
The SE ‘Type 1’ grade includes Nissan intelligent key and push button start, front and rear parking sensors, 18-inch alloy wheels with Dunlop or Bridgestone 265/70 all season tires, cruise control, a centre console cool box, automatic air conditioning, vehicle dynamic control, anti-lock brakes, electric brake force distribution, brake assist, hill descent control and hill start assist, folding door mirrors with puddle lamps, a power driver’s seat and a six speaker audio system.
In addition to the standard equipment on SE ‘Type 1’ grade, SE ‘Type 2’ grade adds a power electric sunroof and a power lifting tailgate while SE ‘Type 3’ grade adds a Bluetooth hands-free phone system and Arabic-supporting HDD Navigation System featuring an 8-inch WVGA touch-screen front display and a multi-screen DVD entertainment system with individual second row seat DVD screens. SE Type 3 grade also secures a 9.3 GB Music Box hard drive music server, iPod connection, a rear view camera, individual tire pressure monitoring and an off road monitor system.
The LE grade features 400bhp engine and 7-speed automatic transmission and across a range of Type 1, 2 and 3 grades, comes with such features as double stitched leather upholstery, temperature controlled and power front seats with memory function and 20-inch alloy wheels with Bridgestone 275/60 all season tyres.
In addition, an Advanced Safety Shield package can be specified which includes features such as intelligent cruise control with a distance control assist (DCA), Forward collision warning, lane departure prevention, intelligent brake assist, around view monitor (AVM) and side and curtain airbags.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers