New Ducati launched in Doha
Doha, April 12, 2010
Alfardan Motorcycles, one of Qatar’s leading premium motorcycle importers, has launched the new Multistrada 1200 from Ducati, the global manufacturer of motorcycles, in Doha.
The announcement was made at the Lusail International Circuit along the sidelines of Qatar’s 2010 MotoGP season.
The launch of the Multistrada is the first to take place in the Middle East, a statement said.
First revealed at the Milan International Motorcycle Show in November 2009, the Ducati Multistrada 1200 features a four-bikes-in-one concept – sport, touring, urban and enduro riding modes can be enabled by just one click.
The design makes instant adjustment to power and torque delivery in addition to electronic adjustment of suspension settings and traction control to transform the Multistrada 1200 to meet the rider’s needs.
The new Desmodromic power plant delivers 150hp motor for sport touring, but also improves fuel efficiency, emissions and cost of scheduled maintenance, the statement said.
The 189 kg Multistrada 1200 is offered with optional ABS, while the flagship Multistrada 1200 S presents ABS and Ducati electronic suspension by Öhlins as standard equipment.
The 1200 S is available in ‘sport edition’ with specific components in carbon fiber or ‘touring edition’ with side luggage, heated grips and centre stand.
The new Multistrada 1200 has also extended the periods between major services on the new model to 24,000 km.
“The arrival of the Multistrada is both a landmark milestone for Ducati and Alfardan Motorcycles,” said Ayad As-Siaidi, assistant general manager, Alfardan Motorcycles.
“A long list of pre-orders for the Italian manufacturer's latest masterpiece reflects the huge success generated since its official unveiling, an interest now further enhanced by the added benefit of more 'strada' between major services. We are confident that the Multistrada 1200 will be received with equal enthusiasm in Qatar,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers