BMW launches new 3 Series coupé, convertible
Dubai, May 19, 2010
German automaker BMW has launched its new BMW 3 Series coupé and the convertible with modifications in design, an updated range of engines, as well as innovative model features.
The new models now feature headlights with newly designed contour lines, a modified structure and light technology. New exterior colours and a modified range of leather upholstery sets further highlight in the looks of the new launches.
The top-of-the-range BMW 335i is available on all body variants of the new BMW 3 Series model range and comes with a Valvetronic 3.0-litre straight-six featuring BMW TwinPower turbo technology, combining supreme output of 306 hp with fuel economy and CO2 management.
As an option, the BMW 320i, BMW 325i and BMW 330i are available in both body variants with six-speed automatic transmission.
The new BMW 3 Series model range has been designed around BMW’s EfficientDynamics strategy that encompasses many technology innovations to offer outstanding performance and a reduction in fuel consumption and CO2 emission, a statement said.
The new coupé and the convertible come standard with an optimised sports steering wheel incorporating multifunction controls. The shift paddles on the steering wheel featured in combination with the optional sports automatic transmission now incorporate a new control logic, the statement added.
The wide range of services offered by BMW ConnectedDrive highlights the innovative character of the new BMW 3 Series coupé and the convertible.
The models offer optimum comfort and safety as well as a wide range of useful entertainment functions including optimised integration of the mobile telephone and external entertainment devices into the car’s internal iDrive control system, according to the statement.
The new BMW 3 Series coupé and convertible are available from all exclusive BMW importers in the Middle East, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm