BMW, Toyota top car buyers’ wish-lists
Dubai, June 9, 2010
Majority of the car buyers in Saudi Arabia and the UAE have put BMW and Toyota cars at their hot favourites followed by Mercedes and Lexus close behind, said a new study by YouGov Siraj.
The respondents termed safety, comfort, performance and reasonable maintenance costs, as the major attractions for their pick, the study stated.
Two other brands scoring significantly above 100 were Audi and Honda, said the study, which also covered dealer ratings on different aspects.
According to the study, the trend of car ownership seemed to be moving towards SUVs, large and medium. The current ownership pattern for the main car is 15 per cent mid-sized SUV and 10 per cent large SUV, the study pointed out.
Going by future intent of consumers, this is likely to rise to 22 per cent and 14 per cent respectively, a gain of between 40 and 50 per cent for each of the car segments, it added.
"Interestingly, while there is high satisfaction with the car brand, there is not strong approval of the dealership. Additionally, only 55 per cent of car owners in bothe the countries regularly service their car at the authorized dealer’s workshop – the remaining do it at other workshops/garages and a few also use petrol pumps," Vivek Wagle, research director at YouGov Siraj, said.
“Such a study is probably being conducted for the first time in the region at such a level. Clients look for simplicity and actionability in research and we aim to provide just that," he noted.
"With the help of purchase drivers and a single number, car brands can measure their perceptions vis-à-vis competition and gain insights for improving their ranking. Every brand can also gauge the role of their dealership and understand how the entire brand-consumer-dealer relationship can be improved,"Wagle added.
The study was conducted online using YouGov Siraj research panels in the UAE and Saudi and covered a sample of 754 and 681 respondents each.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer