Peugeot plans new models
Paris , June 19, 2010
French carmaker PSA Peugeot Citroen is working on two new models for emerging countries as it seeks to break out of its dependence on mature markets.
Europe’s second-largest carmaker in November outlined a plan to boost profitability that
included new models for 2010-2013 targeting emerging markets it wants to focus on as mature markets stagnate.
The group eventually wants an eight per cent share of the Chinese market, compared with
3.5 per cent last year, said a report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
French paper Les Echos had reported that two new models – an entry-level small car known internally as “global small” and a mid-sized sedan known as “M3-M4” – were not among the models announced in November.
A PSA spokesman confirmed the group was working on two new models for emerging countries.
The group last month announced that it would invest around one billion euros ($1.24 billion) at its Vigo site in Spain over five years, and said it would build a “core range” model there.
Japanese partner Mitsubishi is leading the development of the small car that would be sold in several continents and could be produced in Japan, Thailand, India, Latin America or China. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners