Navistar, Otokar in engine supply deal
Warrenville, July 1, 2010
Navistar Engine Group, an operating unit of Navistar, a major holding company, closed an agreement to supply diesel engines to Turkish vehicle manufacturer, Otokar.
MWM International Motores, Navistar's South American affiliate, will produce MaxxForce engines to power buses intended both for Turkish domestic market and other global marketplaces.
The six-year contract provides for the supply of two in-line four-cylinder engine models: the MaxxForce 3.2, Euro V, advanced EGR system engines to power Otokar midbuses for the domestic market and for export to Europe and MaxxForce 3.0, Euro III, to power 6.5-ton minibuses and 9-ton midbuses intended for export to Mena.
“This is another step in Navistar’s execution of our global growth strategy which leverages our capability to serve regions with Euro emission standards,” said Eric Tech, president, Navistar Engine Group.
“As emission standards advance across the globe, companies continue to look at Navistar as a technology leader who can serve their needs today and in the future,” he added.
Navistar Engine Group vice president of global business, José Eduardo Luzzi, explained that start of production for MaxxForce 3.0 engines is planned for March 2011, while MaxxForce 3.2 units will start production in the first quarter of 2012.
“Establishing a partnership with Otokar, a company of Koç Group, is an important achievement because it introduces Navistar technology to a traditional and recognized group in the European automotive sector,” he said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers