Porsche to develop production model of Spyder
Dubai, August 2, 2010
German automaker Porsche will develop a production model of 918 Spyder, its high performance mid-engined sports car with plug-in hybrid technology.
This concept version of the Spyder made its debut at the 2010 Geneva Motor Show and at Auto China in Beijing, evoking overwhelming response from the public, a statement said.
“Production of the 918 Spyder in a limited series proves that we are taking the right approach with Porsche Intelligent Performance featuring the combination of supreme performance and efficient drive train concepts,” said Michael Macht, president and chairman of the board of management of Porsche.
“We will develop the 918 Spyder in Weissach and assemble it in Zuffenhausen. This is also a very important commitment to Germany as a manufacturing base,” he added.
The Concept Study of the 918 Spyder allows CO2 emissions of just 70 g/km, corresponding to fuel consumption of 3.0 litre/100 km (94.1 mpg imp) in the NEDC, on the one hand, and the performance of a super-sports car, on the other, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest
- Bahrain tests lighting for F1 night race
- French carmakers race to reclaim Iran
- Bosch plans 110 car service centres in GCC