Renault Fluence enters GCC markets
Dubai, August 12, 2010
The new Renault Fluence, a spacious and stylish saloon designed especially for GCC roads, will arrive in the region this week.
Manufactured in Korea, the Renault Fluence has been developed keeping in mind Gulf driving conditions and customer preferences, a statement said.
Like the Renault Safrane, this brand new model aims to be a key catalyst for growth for the French manufacturer over the next few years, it said.
Renault GCC managing director Mustansir Lakdawala is confident that the launch of the Fluence will give a boost to overall sales.
“In order to succeed, we need to bring the right product mix to our markets and this is what we have been working towards. All the cars we launch are locally tested and adapted and with the new Renault Fluence we have gone one step ahead by developing a car especially for the region,” he said.
“A huge investment has been made in tailor making the Fluence, incorporating the best of Renault, while maximizing the use of Nissan technologies such as the CVT gearbox, available through the synergy formed by the Renault-Nissan alliance,” Lakdawala added.
Offering the ultimate driving experience with its smooth silhouette, spacious design, elegant finish, state-of-the-art safety technology and engines that strike the perfect balance between power and fuel efficiency, the new saloon offers an outstanding all-round drive, he said.
The Renault Fluence made its UAE debut at the Dubai Motorshow in December last year and was well received. Its entry into the market comes hot on the heels of the launch of Renault’s hatchback, the Sandero, which arrived in June.
Measuring 4,620mm long, the generous dimensions of the new Renault Fluence make it one of the largest vehicles in its class. And at 1,809mm wide, offers more passenger space, including a sizeable 1,480mm of elbow space at the front and 1,475mm at the rear.
It has automatic dual-zone climate control, offering personalised climate comfort that enables the driver and front passenger to select individual temperature and fan-speed preferences, while adjustable rear vents also provide the perfect balance between the front and rear of the vehicle.
Available for now with a powerful Renault-Nissan 1.6l engine combined with CVT or manual gearboxes the Renault Fluence delivers optimum fuel economy with ultimate performance. A Renault-Nissan 2.0l engine will be available from October.
The safety features include standard ABS and emergency braking assist, ESP to ensure the vehicle remains stable even in difficult road conditions, up to six airbags, three-point seatbelts with pretensioners and load limiters, and cruise control with a speed limiter - ensuring the highest standard of safety for the driver as well as passengers at all times.
User-friendly features include hands-free entry and ignition card with automatic locking, a wide range of audio options including the range-topping 3D Sound by Arkamys system, Bluetooth telephony and 'Plug & Music' digital connectivity. A top of the range Bose hi fi system is also available, as well as a rear parking aid.
All Fluence models will be sold with a three-year/100,000km warranty and a series of after-sale benefits as part of Renault’s Customer First programme. –TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners