McLaren names Al Ghassan Bahrain dealer
Manama, September 29, 2010
McLaren Automotive, the premium sports car company, has named Al Ghassan Motors its local partner in Bahrain.
Ghassan Abdul Rahman Al Sulaiman Trading (Al Ghassan Motors) will start to sell McLaren Automotive’s first car, the MP4-12C, from early summer 2011, a company statement said.
Additionally, Al Ghassan Motors will host a fully equipped official service centre, for which the technicians will receive full technical training at McLaren’s head quarters in the UK.
With significant interest already expressed by Bahraini car enthusiasts, Bahrain is expected to be an important market for McLaren Automotive.
“Bahrain is one of our top markets in the region. The extremely positive feedback we have received so far from potential customers there is evidence of the strength of our brand on the island,” said Ian Gorsuch, McLaren Automotive’s regional director for the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.
“At McLaren Automotive, we believe that by combining an excellent product with the highest standards of customer care will help us lay down the foundations for long and continuing success.”
“By partnering with Al Ghassan Motors, who enjoy an excellent reputation and have vast experience in the luxury and sports automotive sectors, we will ensure our customers receive the very best on both fronts,” he added.
Ghassan Abdul Al Rahman Al Sulaiman, president and CEO of Al Ghassan Motors, said: “Bahrain is renowned for its love of luxury cars, and over the years people here have built up a thorough respect and understanding of high-end vehicles.”
“Our aim at Al Ghassan is to translate our appreciation for McLaren by delivering the highest standards of customer service through the purchase and after-sales experiences. We are dedicated to providing our customers with all the expertise and assistance they need for years of happy ownership.”
With the announcement of Al Ghassan Motors as McLaren Automotive’s Bahraini dealer, the company has concluded its regional dealership network, the statement said.
The five independent dealers here will join a global network of 35 partners who will be responsible for selling an initial annual production run of up to 1,000 MP4-12Cs in 2011. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Mahmoudia Motors appoints new GM
- Hyundai seals $8m truck deal with RAK govt firm
- 'Fake' explosives cause roads chaos in Bahrain
- New Peugeot showroom opened in Qatar
- Chesterton enters automobile appraisals
- Mercedes' Rosberg wins Australian GP
- 2014 Range Rover Hybrid launched in Jordan
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge