Porsche wins 3 awards at MEMA
Dubai, October 21, 2010
German automaker Porsche has won three awards for its cars at the recent Middle East Motor Awards (MEMA) in Sharjah.
The MEMA ceremony took place at the Expo Centre Sharjah on the opening day of the 10th Sharjah International Automobile Show, held from October 14 to 18.
Porsche’s Cayman S, the 320 hp, six-cylinder mid-engine sports car, won the “Best Sports Car” award, while the 911 Turbo took the honours in the “Best Premium Sports Car” category.
Porsche’s new four-door Gran Turismo, the Panamera, emerged as the overall winner for the “Best Luxury Sports Saloon Car”.
The first award for Porsche was handed over by Mohammed Ben Sulayem, sporting ambassador for the Arab World, to Deesch Papke, managing director of Porsche Middle East and Africa.
“It is such an honour to receive three awards for our exceptional products from an admirable personality such as Mohammed Ben Sulayem,” said Papke.
“I sincerely thank the jury for nominating and choosing three of our cars as leaders in their respective categories. It is always been our philosophy that our models should be benchmarks in their segments and it is fantastic to see that the jury of experts has experienced our cars in the same way,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer