Winner of Saudi Mercedes contest announced
Jeddah, December 12, 2010
A Mercedes-Benz enthusiast who had registered for a test drive session, has won a GLK 300 Mercedes-Benz SUV in a contest draw organised by Juffali Automotive Company in Saudi Arabia.
The winner, Mahmoud Khamis Abdulwahab from Riyadh, received his car from Louay Sheikh Ali, manager of the Juffali showroom in the capital city.
Juffali Automotive Company is the exclusive dealer of Mercedes-Benz cars in the kingdom.
An overjoyed Abdulwahab said he had wanted a test-drive before buying his first Mercedes-Benz car and had already set his mind on the graceful GLK 300, the first compact SUV from the German carmaker.
The contest draw was the first organised by Juffali Automotive Company for the participants of its test-drive sessions conducted recently for Mercedes-Benz enthusiasts in Jeddah, Riyadh and Dammam, and also for the visitors to its showrooms Kingdomwide who test-drove an SUV.
The two-month contest period marked the launch of the GLK-Class model 2010 in Saudi Arabia. The draw, which took place at the Juffali showroom along Medina road, Jeddah, was held under the supervision of Jeddah Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
The GLK-Class of luxury compact SUVs has a squared-off and muscled-up approach to styling, exuding youthfulness, individuality and personal freedom. The car comes in two variants, GLK300 with a 231 hp engine and GLK350 with a 272 hp engine. Both models are suitable for off-road driving and capable of climbing highlands.
The compact's all-new navigation system enables driver activation of an advanced-technology tracking system that memorizes the car's tracks even if the route is not covered in any digital map. This is ideal for full-blown desert driving as its offers an accurate back-tracking route to the starting point.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm