New Bentley Muslanne launched in Bahrain
Manama, December 23, 2010
Bentley Motors has unveiled its latest offering, the Mulsanne, in Bahrain. The luxury car comes with a starting price of BD1,450,000.
It was previewed by Bahrain's media representatives at dealers Ahmed Zayani and Sons' showroom in Zinj.
Bentley Motors' VIP customer sales manager Trevor Gay, who flew in for the event from Crewe, England, said the over six-litre, 90-degree V8 engine comes across as a 505bhp engineering marvel that generates 1020Nm of torque.
'All the major building blocks of the engine are new and have been designed to optimise performance,' he said.
Gay said this had contributed towards meeting key objectives, which include maximising torque, refinement and efficiency.
'Nowhere is this better demonstrated than in the introduction of two new electro-mechanical control systems - cam phasing and variable displacement,' he said.
'The pioneering use of these two technologies allows the Mulsanne's engine management system to not only actively adjust the V8's breathing, but also to effectively throttle back four of the cylinders entirely, independent of the others, when not required.'-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week