GE showcases ‘smart’ EV recharger
Abu Dhabi, January 18, 2011
General Electric (GE) unveiled its ‘smart’ electric vehicle charger in the Middle East, at the ongoing World Future Energy Summit 2011 at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre.
GE's WattStation is an easy-to-use electric vehicle (EV) charger that enables fast recharging at home and on the road. It is designed to help accelerate the adoption of plug-in electric vehicles by significantly decreasing time needed for vehicle charging, a statement said.
By using smart grid technology, it allows utility companies to manage the impact of electric vehicles on the local and regional grids.
The modular design is upgradable and the WattStation’s easy functionality and design allows for the integration of quick electric vehicle charging into every day activities.
The GE Watt station design allows for integration into a “smart” electrical distribution system, offering an “end-to-end” integrated EV infrastructure solution of electrical distribution products. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Tyre safety awareness campaign held
- Nissan tops 2013 green brand list
- Qatar Holding sells 10pc stake in Porsche
- Harley-Davidson rolls out 'Breakout'
- Abu Dhabi revs up for major British GP sell
- McLaren, Xbox offer 'ride of a lifetime'
- Arabian Auto offers custom Nissan plan
- Mazda opens new showroom in Doha
- Land Cruiser sales up 15pc in GCC
- UAE new car sales set to top pre-crisis peak