GE showcases ‘smart’ EV recharger
Abu Dhabi, January 18, 2011
General Electric (GE) unveiled its ‘smart’ electric vehicle charger in the Middle East, at the ongoing World Future Energy Summit 2011 at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre.
GE's WattStation is an easy-to-use electric vehicle (EV) charger that enables fast recharging at home and on the road. It is designed to help accelerate the adoption of plug-in electric vehicles by significantly decreasing time needed for vehicle charging, a statement said.
By using smart grid technology, it allows utility companies to manage the impact of electric vehicles on the local and regional grids.
The modular design is upgradable and the WattStation’s easy functionality and design allows for the integration of quick electric vehicle charging into every day activities.
The GE Watt station design allows for integration into a “smart” electrical distribution system, offering an “end-to-end” integrated EV infrastructure solution of electrical distribution products. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Gulf traffic expo kicks off in Dubai
- 100 global firms for Gulf traffic expo
- Toyota Corolla launched in the UAE
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest