Bahrain F1 safety pledged
Manama, February 16, 2011
The safety of fans planning to visit Bahrain for next month's Formula 1 Grand Prix is a priority, Bahrain International Circuit chief executive Shaikh Salman bin Isa Al Khalifa said.
"We are focusing on delivering another successful event in the form of the 2011 Gulf Air Formula 1 Bahrain Grand Prix. We are monitoring the situation with authorities and will respond appropriately to any developments."
The Formula 1 testing is slated from March 3 to 6 and the Grand Prix from March 11 to 13.
Meanwhile, tickets are selling fast for the chance to see top international musical talent at the Grand Prix.
French DJ David Guetta will headline the line-up, while British singer songwriter Taio Cruz, British pop group the Sugababes and British rapper Tinie Tempah will also perform.
The concerts will start from 6pm on March 12 at the BIC, Sakhir.
Tickets for the Grand Prix weekend range from BD45 to BD180 and include access to the concerts. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 100 global firms for Gulf traffic expo
- Toyota Corolla launched in the UAE
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest
- Bahrain tests lighting for F1 night race