News stance for Harley-Davidson 1200 Custom
Milwaukee, March 7, 2011
A wide front end and chunky 16-inch tyre will give the new Harley-Davidson 1200 Custom a proud stance that’s strong and contemporary.
Introduced as a mid-year addition to the 2011 Harley-Davidson model line-up, the 1200 Custom also features new wheels, a pull-back handlebar, and a reshaped LED tail lamp.
The 1200 Custom offers a new look but is Sportster to the core, offering a compelling combination of bold styling, nimble handling and the irresistible beat of American V-Twin performance, a statement said.
Key features of the 2011 1200 Custom include:
• Air-cooled Evolution 1200cc V-Twin engine with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI), rated at 98Nm/72 ft. lbs. peak torque at 3200 rpm.
• Powertrain is finished in black powdercoat with chrome covers.
• New Chrome laced wheels, Front and rear wheels are 16 x 3.0 inches.
• New Michelin Scorcher 31 tires; 130/90B 16 front and 150/80B16 M/C 77H rear.
• New Wider fork spacing and polished triple clamps.
• Pull-back handlebar mounted on a curved riser that incorporates an LED warning light display.
• New reshaped classic Sportster “eyebrow” over the headlamp.
• New tail light is smaller and has a new shape with a bright, low maintenance LED element.
• New Front suspension rates are re-tuned to match the new tire/wheel combination. 39mm front fork with 30 degrees rake, Trail is 105mms.
• Polished forward foot controls; coil-over pre-load adjustable rear shocks; Two-up seat is standard. Laden seat height is 710mm;
• The 17 litre fuel tank offers long riding range.
Harley-Davidson Motor Company produces heavyweight custom, cruiser and touring motorcycles and offers a complete line of Harley-Davidson motorcycle parts, accessories, riding gear and apparel, and general merchandise. -TradeArabia News Service