Toyota unveils new concept car
Geneva, March 8, 2011
Japanese automaker Toyota has unveiled its new FT-86 II Concept at the ongoing 81st International Motor Show in Geneva.
The Toyota FT-86 II Concept features a long, low bonnet, high wings and rear-set cabin. It was created at Toyota’s European design studio ED2, where its styling was dubbed 'functional beauty'.
Rather than using a heavy, large displacement powertrain to secure performance, the FT-86 II returns to Toyota’s sporting roots by combining a free-revving boxer petrol engine with a compact and lightweight six-speed manual transmission and a low centre of gravity to achieve the best possible power to weight ratio, a statement said.
Both the powertrain and the driving position have been set as low and as far back as possible to optimize balance for maximum poise, high-speed stability and agility, it added.
With a front-engine/rear-wheel drive configuration, this gives the car lively, accessible performance that is easy to harness, according to the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm