Al-Futtaim launches Lexus hybrid
Dubai, March 15, 2011
Al-Futtaim Motors, the exclusive distributor for Lexus, has launched the region’s first luxury compact hybrid vehicle in Dubai.
The launch event for the new compact Lexus CT 200h was held amid a display of 3D projection mapping techniques at The Walk, Jumeirah Beach Residence, a statement said.
Against a pumping soundtrack, the urban hybrid transformed into an energetic display of life-like dynamic Sport and relaxing Eco driving modes through a fusion of urban graphic and flowing backdrops, a statement said.
Between shows, members of the public participated in a ‘show your energy’ live art gallery by swiping glow sticks through the air and the resulting long exposure images were immediately captured and displayed in large format, it added.
“The ground-breaking use of projection mapping has produced an incredible piece of work that reinforces Lexus’ technology leadership and communicates a new youthful focus of the brand,” said Saud Abbasi, general manager, Lexus, Al-Futtaim Motors.
“The launch of the Lexus CT 200h is particularly important because it makes hybrid so much more accessible. Its attitude and driving dynamic communicates a youthful, fun to drive appeal unlike any other Lexus. Symbolizing urban, luxury living, this intelligent vehicle will attract new customers to the brand,” he added.
“The Lexus CT 200h offers all the luxury hallmarks of the Lexus brand, coupled with an advanced technology that as yet, no one else can offer. This unique positioning within the marketplace will suit those that are interested in uncompromised performance and luxury, while putting value on doing the right thing,” Abbasi concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm