Jaguar unveils all-new XKR-S
Amman, March 21, 2011
Jaguar launched its all-new XKR-S, the fastest Jaguar ever produced, at the recently concluded Geneva Motor Show.
The all-new XKR-S model will significantly broaden the appeal of the XK range, offering enthusiastic drivers a compelling, fresh choice in the luxury GT class, a statement said.
With an updated supercharged V8 engine, overhauled suspension and a new aerodynamically-driven design, the XKR-S is the ultimate expression of Jaguar’s long held duality of purpose: GT luxury with incredible performance.
“The XKR-S is a bold and exciting new model for Jaguar,” said Ammer Bajjali, Jaguar Land Rover brand manager at Mahmoudia Motors, the official dealer of Jaguar, Volvo and Land Rover cars in Jordan.
“We expect to attract both loyal and new Jaguar driving enthusiasts who still want the comfort, opulence and class only a Jaguar can offer, combined with inspirational performance,” he added.
The XKR-S produces 550PS and 680Nm of torque, offering a top speed of 300 km/hr (186mph), while speeding up to 100 km/hr in 4.4 seconds.
The XKR-S exploits the XK’s strong, lightweight aluminium body architecture to maximise both handling and economy. It is the only car in its class that emits less than 300g/km CO2, the statement said.
Suspension changes to the front and rear offer precision, control and driver appeal, while a reprogrammed adaptive dynamics system allows for easy handling, according to the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners