Jaguar unveils all-new XKR-S
Amman, March 21, 2011
Jaguar launched its all-new XKR-S, the fastest Jaguar ever produced, at the recently concluded Geneva Motor Show.
The all-new XKR-S model will significantly broaden the appeal of the XK range, offering enthusiastic drivers a compelling, fresh choice in the luxury GT class, a statement said.
With an updated supercharged V8 engine, overhauled suspension and a new aerodynamically-driven design, the XKR-S is the ultimate expression of Jaguar’s long held duality of purpose: GT luxury with incredible performance.
“The XKR-S is a bold and exciting new model for Jaguar,” said Ammer Bajjali, Jaguar Land Rover brand manager at Mahmoudia Motors, the official dealer of Jaguar, Volvo and Land Rover cars in Jordan.
“We expect to attract both loyal and new Jaguar driving enthusiasts who still want the comfort, opulence and class only a Jaguar can offer, combined with inspirational performance,” he added.
The XKR-S produces 550PS and 680Nm of torque, offering a top speed of 300 km/hr (186mph), while speeding up to 100 km/hr in 4.4 seconds.
The XKR-S exploits the XK’s strong, lightweight aluminium body architecture to maximise both handling and economy. It is the only car in its class that emits less than 300g/km CO2, the statement said.
Suspension changes to the front and rear offer precision, control and driver appeal, while a reprogrammed adaptive dynamics system allows for easy handling, according to the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Infiniti launches new models in Lebanon
- UAE Dial-A-Battery services in big demand
- Honda recalls Acura sedans over loose bolts
- Lincoln MKZ makes Bahrain debut
- Monster trucks drive motor show success
- Hyundai to unveil concept car in 2014
- Isuzu D-Max pickup unveiled in Bahrain
- Bahrain motor show opens today
- Bahrain motor show to line-up top models
- GM shakes up auto industry, names first woman CEO