Jaguar to launch new XJ in Jordan
Amman, March 28, 2011
Mahmoudia Motors, a leading automotive group in Jordan, said that Jaguar is launching a new edition of its award-winning XJ large premium sedan, powered by its proven 3.0-litre V6 petrol engine.
This latest addition broadens the appeal of the XJ, allowing Jaguar to compete in a new segment of 6-cylinder full size luxury sedans, it added in a statement.
Ammer Bajjali, Jaguar Land Rover brand manager at Mahmoudia Motors, said: “It is a point of pride for us that this new derivative has been developed as a response to requests from the Mena region.”
“The redesigned XJ has already won over 20 international awards and generated rave reviews. It’s now time to broaden the XJ offering to suit the specific needs of the Jordanian and Middle East market.”
The petrol V6 engine features a 3.0-litre engine with four valves per cylinder, quad overhead camshafts, variable cam phasing (VCP) technology and variable geometry air intakes.
The new unit will be available on both long and short wheelbase XJs, with the drivetrain reserved for the Mena, China and Russia markets where demand is strongest, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota Corolla 2014 launched in Bahrain
- 100 global firms for Gulf traffic expo
- Toyota Corolla launched in the UAE
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest