Jaguar to launch new XJ in Jordan
Amman, March 28, 2011
Mahmoudia Motors, a leading automotive group in Jordan, said that Jaguar is launching a new edition of its award-winning XJ large premium sedan, powered by its proven 3.0-litre V6 petrol engine.
This latest addition broadens the appeal of the XJ, allowing Jaguar to compete in a new segment of 6-cylinder full size luxury sedans, it added in a statement.
Ammer Bajjali, Jaguar Land Rover brand manager at Mahmoudia Motors, said: “It is a point of pride for us that this new derivative has been developed as a response to requests from the Mena region.”
“The redesigned XJ has already won over 20 international awards and generated rave reviews. It’s now time to broaden the XJ offering to suit the specific needs of the Jordanian and Middle East market.”
The petrol V6 engine features a 3.0-litre engine with four valves per cylinder, quad overhead camshafts, variable cam phasing (VCP) technology and variable geometry air intakes.
The new unit will be available on both long and short wheelbase XJs, with the drivetrain reserved for the Mena, China and Russia markets where demand is strongest, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- All-new E63 AMG launched in Kuwait
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- VW lists recommended retail prices in GCC
- Nissan to recall 841,000 vehicles
- Volkswagen’s new Golf GTI launched in ME
- Nissan ME posts 26pc sales growth in FY2012
- Oman 'must adopt smart road technologies'
- BMW launches the new Z4 in Mideast
- Mannai opens Chevrolet centre in Istanbul
- Aston Martin marks centenary in style