Bahrain F1 hopes raised
Manama, April 14, 2011
Efforts are still underway to stage the 2011 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix, according to Bahrain International Circuit chief executive officer Shaikh Salman bin Isa Al Khalifa.
The 2011 Formula One season opener, which was scheduled to take place on March 13, was called off in February by His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, Crown Prince and Deputy Supreme Commander, following the unrest.
The sport's governing body, FIA, has given Bahrain until May 1 to decide if a new date can be set for the race this year.
Shaikh Salman revealed that no decision on a new date had yet been made, but
that now that security has prevailed, efforts are on to host the race.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- All-new E63 AMG launched in Kuwait
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- VW lists recommended retail prices in GCC
- Nissan to recall 841,000 vehicles
- Volkswagen’s new Golf GTI launched in ME
- Nissan ME posts 26pc sales growth in FY2012
- Oman 'must adopt smart road technologies'
- BMW launches the new Z4 in Mideast
- Mannai opens Chevrolet centre in Istanbul
- Aston Martin marks centenary in style