Ford Fusion GCC sales up 64pc in Q1
Dubai, April 20, 2011
The 2011 model of Ford’s mid-size sedan Fusion has recorded an increase of 64 per cent sales in the region during the first quarter of the year over the same period in 2010.
The car also claimed the mid-size segment title in the recent J D Powers and Associates 2011 Vehicle Dependability Study, which is based on responses from more than 43,700 original owners of 2008 model-year vehicles after three years of ownership.
“With its impressive driving dynamics, safety and enhanced technology features, the Ford Fusion continues to be a serious contender in the mid-size segment thanks to its rich package and great value for money,” said Hussein Murad, Ford Middle East's director of sales.
"This latest recognition from the JD Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study lends further proof to this strong product. And growing preference towards the Fusion from both retail and fleet businesses alike is outstanding."
Fusion’s aerodynamic exterior design helps reduce wind noise and improve fuel economy, while the front end sports a powerfully domed hood and aggressive grille, a statement said.
The mid-size sedan features MyKey and integrated blind-spot mirrors, together with optional Blind Spot Information System (BLIS).
Ford is offering the option of two engines, the standard 2.5L I-4 with six-speed manual or automatic transmissions as well as the 3.0L V6 with the 6-speed SelectShift automatic transmission for a sportier ride, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm