Land Rover Desert Day held in Qatar
Doha, April 28, 2011
Alfardan Premier Motors Company, the exclusive importer of Land Rover in Qatar, organised its annual Land Rover Desert Day recently.
The event hosted scores of the vehicle's clients and fans with their families on an exciting desert adventure. A range of Land Rover's top-of-the-line off-roaders took the desert by storm and fuel-charged the trip with unparalleled stunts, according to a spokesperson.
“The Land Rover and Range Rover vehicles are top-performers on all types of terrains and particularly the rugged ones and they make therefore for the best and safest vehicles to ride through Qatar's unique sand-dune landscapes,' said Rabih Ataya, general manager of Alfardan Premier Motors.
Land Rover's Desert Day offered all attendees, current owners of a Land Rover vehicle and prospects, the opportunity to experience first-hand the high performance of Land Rover and Range Rover all terrain fleets.
The trip kicked-off with a desert ride through Qatar's most astonishing sand dunes, led by expert guides, during which guests were stewarded across the terrain following a short introductory session when they received guidance on how to approach driving in soft sand and how to safely traverse the surroundings of Qatar's breathtaking inland sea area.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm